10 Tips to improve your Facebook Business Pages.
1/ Use link to your website in your posts.
Link posts now have a larger, clickable area that helps drive people to your website.
•In your Page's sharing tool, enter the offsite URL, then hit Enter
•The title, description and image are taken from your URL, but you can still customise the text and image of the post
•We have increased the size of the image for these types of posts, so ensure you select compelling imagery that will blend into
the News Feed experience
2. Use engaging copy, images and videos
•Rich media like photos and videos get more attention and help your message stand out in News Feed
•Lifestyle images like the ones you see from your friends on Facebook are always engaging. Try sharing images of your products
or photos of your customers enjoying your services
•Try to keep your posts between 100 and 250 characters to get more engagement. Shorter, succinct posts are better received
3. Create a two-way conversation
• Ask your audience to share their thoughts and feedback on your product and services. This is another way to listen to your
customers and improve your business.
•Posting content that shows you took their feedback into consideration can build customer loyalty and show you value their
4. Share exclusive discounts and promotions
• Offer special deals or perks to your customers to keep them interested and to drive online sales. Include call to actions with
links to the most relevant page on your website.
•In Action: BarkBox creates posts with promotional codes. They found that valuable offers like buy-1-get-1-free or discounts
over 20% were more likely to be shared and it helped them spread the word about their business.
•To improve engagement with your promotions, include clear calls to action, redemption details, and when the promotion ends
to add a sense of urgency.
•In Action: Modify Watches, a company that creates mix-and-match watches, asks customers for input on product designs and
names, and builds ongoing watch designs from this real-time feedback
5. Provide access to exclusive information
• Reward people who are connected to your Page and drive loyalty and online sales by providing them with exclusive
information. Make them feel special by sharing exclusive product news, contests and events.
6. Be timely
• Your audience will be more likely to engage with posts when they’re related to subjects that are top of mind, like current
events or the holidays
• Timeliness is also important when replying to comments on your posts. The faster you reply, the more likely fans will engage
with you in the future.
•Tip: Post a daily sneak peek of upcoming product sales 2 weeks prior to Black Friday or Cyber Monday
7. Plan your conversational calendar
• The easiest way to stay in regular contact with fans is by creating a conversational calendar with ideas about what to talk about
each week or month
• A content calendar will not only help you post regularly, but will ensure your content is well planned, interesting, and that
you don't miss major business events and news. Find a frequency that works for you and your audience.
8. Schedule your posts
• To better manage your time, you can schedule your posts in advance and plan for upcoming holiday events and specials
•To schedule your posts, simply click the clock icon on the lower left-hand corner of your Page's sharing tool
• Schedule your posts when most of your fans are online. You can find out when your fans are online by visiting your Page
Insights and going to the posts tab
• After you've scheduled a post, you can manage your scheduled posts by going to the top of your Page and choosing Edit Page
and then selecting Use Activity Log
9. Target your posts
If your posts are meant for specific groups of people, you can target your post in your Page’s sharing tool by clicking on the
target icon at the bottom left corner and selecting Add Targeting. You can target your post based upon gender, relationship
status, educational status, interests, age, location, and language
10. Review the performance of your posts
Check your Page Insights regularly to understand what's working to keep your posts relevant and engaging. Page Insights will
help you understand your audience and what types of content interests them.
For assistance in building a professional online social media presence, contact Solution Based Marketing, - We Build Better
Businesses. www.solutionbasedmarketing.com.au <http://www.solutionbasedmarketing.com.au>